URGENT NOTICE TO CHILDCARE WORKERS who have qualified in recent years.
This has just been posted on the Departments website which allows for a bursary of up to €750 if you’ve completed your studies in the last 4 years.
Applications close at 5pm on the 17th Jan 2017 which is just 5 days from now including this coming weekend . Share it far and wide so as many apply as possible:
The Department of Children and Youth Affairs (DCYA) plan to pay a Bursary (of approx. €750) to Early Years practitioners who have completed a major award in Early Childhood Care and Education at Level 7, Level 8, or Level 9 on the National Framework of Qualifications since the inception of the Learner Fund (2013), in recognition of this commitment to further professionalisation.
To qualify, the qualification undertaken must be on the DCYA Early Years Recognised Qualifications list.
In addition, to be considered eligible for the Learner Fund Bursary, an applicant must:
- Have graduated with a major award in Early Childhood Care and Education at Level 7/8/9 on the National Framework of Qualifications in 2013, 2014, 2015, or 2016 * (Qualification must be on the DCYA Early Years Recognised Qualifications list);
- Have been working in a registered Early Years’ Service prior to beginning their course;
- Be currently working in a registered Early Years’ Service;
- Not have received any state funding to assist in completing their listed course (e.g. skillsnet, CCC funding)
- Have completed and forwarded the application form (along with all relevant documentation) to their local CCC for consideration by 5 pm on Tuesday 17th January 2017.
*Funding permitting, it is hoped in future years to establish a learner fund for qualifications at levels 7/8/9. In the meantime, the Department intends to make this bursary available next year to staff who graduate at any of these levels in 2017.