Our resident parent coach, Marian Byrne, outlines her services for you here on ChildcareFinder.ie.
Marian Says, “My parenting seminars and programmes have been developed in response to what I have found to have made the most difference to parents in their day-to-day lives, through my own research and through years of working with parents,.
Below is a selection of parenting seminars I currently run. However, if you have a particular topic in mind, a seminar can be developed for your needs. Each seminar is 1 hour in duration followed by a Q&A session.
• Parenting Countdown ( 5,4,3,2,1 – broad ranging tips for all parents)
• 5 Ways to connect with your child
• 3 most important questions you can ever be asked as a parent!
• Developing your child’s potential
• Finding time for me!
This four week parenting programme gives parents a good understanding of the key areas of parenting today and helps them to develop a solid parenting framework. It can be run four weeks consecutively or 1 per month or quarter.
• Wk 1; Understanding your child (and yourself as their parent!)
• Wk 2; Communication (the key to connecting with your child/ how to talk so they will listen and listen so they will talk/ engage co-operation etc)
• WK 3; Understanding what matters most as a parent (parenting values and how they determine why you do what you do as a parent/set boundaries around them etc)
• Wk 4; Challenging behavior (theirs, yours and other peoples!)
Participant numbers are limited and can be agreed in advance
One to One Coaching
One-to-one or one-to-two personalized private coaching sessions can be arranged at a special discounted rate. These sessions are 90 minutes in duration and are supported by unlimited e-mail/phone support. The benefit of these sessions is focused attention on your own specific family and situation.
Maternity (Paternity) Adoption leave:
Research has shown that many find the transition back to the workplace difficult on a number of levels. Parenthood in the early days can be a rollercoaster of emotions. There may be a change in role or work schedule. There can often be a loss of confidence due to time away.
As a coach I am an independent resource who has extensive experience helping people cope with change and transitions but also with the specific parenting emphasis.
Anyone who attends a seminar or programme has the opportunity to sign up to receive a free monthly parenting newsletter. Alternatively, where there is an ‘in house’ parenting website (or parents section of website) the organization can opt to have it posted there.
I would love to hear from you. If you have any thoughts, stories feedback or ideas you would like to share, please forward them to me at email@example.com