Welcome to D2 mMontessori. We cater for children aged 6 Months to 6 years. We offer full and part time places. We have limited ECCE places left.
Dr Montessori believed in the worthiness, value and importance of her children. Her method does not compare a child to norms or standards that are measured by traditional educational systems. It is founded on the belief that children should be free to succeed and learn without restriction or criticism. It is a process that helps children learn in their own way at their own pace. The main concept of Montessori is to promote the joy of learning. Children who experience the joy of learning, are happy, confident and fulfilled children.
Along with the Montessori Curriculum, we also implement Siolta and Aistear within D2 Montessori.
Síolta is the National Quality Framework for all services working with Birth-6 year old’s in the Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) sector in Ireland. Síolta, meaning ‘Seeds’, was developed by the Centre for Early Childhood Development and Education (CECDE) and was published and launched in 2006.
Aistear is the National Curriculum Framework for children from birth to six years in Ireland. The word Aistear is the Irish word for journey and was chosen because early childhood marks the beginning of children’s lifelong learning journeys. The Aistear framework can be used as a guide in planning learning experiences in sesional, full and part-time day care settings, infant classes in primary schools and childminding services. It can also be used by parents in children’s own homes.
We aim to:
– Develop each child’s self-esteem and confidence within themselves.
– Develop each child’s self image and to become independent, self reliant and happy with the ability to concentrate.
– Develop each child’s ability to make choices and decisions about what to do and how to do it.
– Develop each child’s self-discipline and ability to complete self-chosen goals and tasks with originality and responsibility.
– Develop each child’s ability to express their thoughts, ideas and feelings and to communicate with others.
– Develop each child’s ability to apply his or her reasoning abilities to a wide range of situations, using a variety of materials.
– Develop each child’s creativity, initiative, spirit or enquiry and openness to knowledge and other peoples’ viewpoints.
- Nappies Provided
- Meals Provided
- Outdoor Play
- Collection Service
- High Scope
- Additional or Special Needs
- Summer Camp
- Secure Access